THERMAL MANAGEMENT SUBSTRATE, IM
Electronics of the future brings demanding new challenges that need innovative new answers.
Thermal Clad is one of these answers. It is a material that considers heat transfer as a design requirement.
As devices get smaller and power goes higher, electronics designers need to continually challenge traditional methods of design to develop more reliable product designs. Thermal Clad's applications run from semiconductor modules to power supplies and motor controls.
WHY USE THERMAL CLAD?
Thermal Clad is used as a substrate, heatsink and /or printed circuit material.
In the design phase, the engineer considering the use of Thermal Clad should evaluate the new design in light of the potential to:
• Improve product thermal & physical performance
• Combine power and control
• Increase power density
• Improve product durability
• Enable better use of surface mount technology
• Reduce heat sinks and other mounting hardware, inluding thermal interface material
• Reduce printed circuit board real estate/interconnects
• Replace fragile ceramic substrates with greater mechanical durability
• Cost effectively obtain " odd shaped " parts
• RoHS compliant
• Lower operating temperature
• Extend life of dies